Eye Surgery in Redding, CA
While most types of eye conditions can be treated with corrective lenses, prescription medications, or vision therapy, some of them can only be treated by undergoing eye surgery. Having to undergo surgery on your eyes sounds scary, but thanks to the rapid revolution of surgical techniques and tools, eye surgeries have become a safe and effective way to treat certain vision problems.
Types of Eye Surgeries in Shasta County
Whether it’s to treat an eye condition, or because you no longer want to wear glasses or contact lenses, there are many surgical options available. Here are some of the most common types of corrective eye surgeries performed in the area, including Shasta County, Siskiyou County, and also Tehama and Trinity counties:
- LASIK (laser in-situ keratomileusis) – a type of laser surgery used to reshape the cornea’s underlying tissue
- PRK (photorefractive keratectomy) – a type of laser surgery used to reshape the cornea’s surface
- RLE (refractive lens exchange) – a type of surgery that is used to help correct cataracts and other minor eye problems
- PRELEX (presbyopic lens exchange) – a type of surgery in which a multifocal lens gets implanted to help improve flexibility of the lens of the eye
- AK (astigmatic keratotomy) – a type of surgery that corrects and astigmatism without the use a laser
These types of corrective eye surgeries are primarily performed to treat nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism. PRK is used to treat presbyopia and to restore the focus of the eyes.
Common Conditions Treated with Eye Surgery
Certain types of eye surgeries in Redding, CA are done to treat different eye conditions. Some of the most common conditions that can be treated with eye surgery include dry eye, cataracts, amblyopia, retinal detachment, and wet age-related macular degeneration (AMD).
Contact Us Today!
If you live in Shasta County, Siskiyou County, or Tehama and Trinity counties, and would like to see what types of eye surgeries are available to treat your eye condition or improve your vision, contact Redding Eye Care Center at (530) 222-1233. We are located at 841 Hartnell Ave Suite B in Redding, CA.